Does Flirting Increase Testosterone Levels?
Does flirting increase testosterone levels? Well, it just might! Researchers have found that the mere presence of an attractive female can cause a temporary boost of testosterone levels – the sacred and main hormone of masculinity.
So, that would mean that flirting with a woman you are into, could potentially raise your T levels and by doing so, increase your manliness – and thus, your attractiveness!
Isn’t that fact amazing?!
However, it would seem that hanging out with your mates might cause the opposite effect – it decreases testosterone. In consequence, you might be better off spending more time with females than with your male friends.
But…how does flirting increase testosterone levels?
How Does Flirting Increase Testosterone Levels
A study done by the University of California recruited 149 young men aged from 18 to 24. A third of those interacted with a male researcher and the others talked to seven young women between 18 and 22 years old.
After a 5 minute talk, the participants were asked to evaluate the physical attractiveness of the women (between one to seven). As a result, the average ended up being 5.83 – showing that they found them quite attractive.
BOOST TESTOSTERONE NOW!
Exclusive Ebook Is Now Available FREE For A Limited TIme
- Get MASSIVE Testicles Overnight With 3 Easy Tricks
- Increase Your Package, Get Bigger Loads, Boost Testosterone
Then, the researchers took a sample of saliva which was promptly tested after the exposure to the women.
The results were quite striking! Psychologists found that the five minute talk with an attractive female increased T levels by 14%! Moreover, cortisol levels also increased – by a whooping 48%. Cortisol is a hormone that helps us deal with a stressful event. So, that increase allows us to be calmer when anxious.
However, spending time with other men showed a testosterone drop of 2% and cortisol decrease 7%. (1)
In addition, this type of research has been conducted on animals. The results also showed an increase of testosterone and cortisol while in the presence of a female and a decrease of both hormones in the presence of men. This physiological response is known as the mating response.
Consequently, the raise of testosterone and cortisol levels will, respectively, boost male libido and well-being, increase alertness, energy levels and provide a stress reliever effect (aka making you more Zen).
The theory behind this phenomenon is that the brain sends a “mating message” to the pituitary gland, which as a result triggers T production.
Thus, as biological anthropologist Dr. Leslie Knapp from the University of Cambridge said so eloquently: ”It all boils down to sex”!
Does Flirting Increase Testosterone Levels – Conclusion
The answer to the question “does flirting increase testosterone levels” is undoubtedly: yes, it does.
As the study mentioned above suggests it, the higher levels of testosterone boost sexual performance, whereas higher cortisol levels focuses energy and helps deal with anxiety.
So, spending time with attractive women will automatically raise T levels. Making us more inclined to…copulate while relieving us from stress.
Additionally, body language can also be improved to increase levels of T. For instance, high power poses – such as standing with your hands on your hips – can increase levels of testosterone and attractiveness. (2)
Do you need more reasons to raise your testosterone levels?
Also, it has been found that attractive men tend to have higher levels of testosterone. This fact translates into having broader shoulders, a deeper voice, more physical mass and other “manly” attributes.
And last but not least, healthy levels of testosterone improve your looks on the long run, and are indispensable to have a great sexuality and of course, health.
A Little Bonus Just for You…
Traits that Attract Women Improved with Extra Testosterone & a Healthier Lifestyle:
- An inner sense of certainty
- Quiet confidence
- Non-aggressive assertiveness (or just a tiny bit of aggressiveness!)
- A pleasant smell (testosterone can influence your “manly” smell positively) (3)
- Skin glow (enhanced with higher T levels and a good hygiene)
- A healthy and masculine physical appearance
- A deeper voice
- High libido, good sexual performance and endurance
- Also: Excellent hygiene and grooming, fitted clothing
This article was written by Michael King.
(1) The presence of a woman increases testosterone in aggressive dominant men. Van der Meij L, Buunk AP, Van de Sande JP, Salvador A. Horm Behav. 2008.
(2) Power Posing: Brief Nonverbal Displays Affect Neuroendocrine Levels and Risk Tolerance. Dana R. Carney, Amy J.C. Cuddy and Andy J. Yap. Psychological Science OnlineFist. 2010.
(3) Women’s preference for dominant male odour: effects of menstrual cycle and relationship status. Jan Havlicek, S. Craig Roberts and Jaroslav Flegr. Biol. Lett. 2005.