Do women prefer girth or length when it comes down to a straight choice?
Sexual truth bomb for you: if a woman tells you size doesn’t matter, it’s because your size matters to her.
There is such a thing as a member that’s too small; and definitely such a thing as a member that’s too big.
All that said, the range for a member that’s just right is broader than most of the spam you get would have you believe…
And that range differs from woman to woman according to her own size and preferences.
All that to say the “perfect” proportions of a pecker are hard to exactly gauge; but one question remains even more perplexing:
Girth vs. length? Which do girls prefer? Why?
And what can you do about it if you don’t exactly measure up?
BOOST TESTOSTERONE NOW!
Exclusive Ebook Is Now Available FREE For A Limited TIme
- Get MASSIVE Testicles Overnight With 3 Easy Tricks
- Increase Your Package, Get Bigger Loads, Boost Testosterone
The Case for Girth vs Length For Us Men
A variety of recent studies have come out in favor of girth as the male size factor men should pay the most attention to. For example:
• A 2014 study conducted at the Sexual Psychophysiology and Affective Neuroscience Lab in UCLA; asked 41 women to view and handle 33 3D printed models of a penis, ranging from 4 inches long by 2.5 inches around to 8.5 inches long and 7 inches around.
Though most women reported no preference for a long-term partner; they preferred penises in the middle of the range for length for a one-night stand and overwhelmingly preferred thicker penis models for a one-time partner.
• A 2012 study of 300 women found that 60 percent didn’t care about sizes within the normal range; but that those who did care wanted girth at least as much as they wanted length.
Though neither study investigated why women preferred thick penises of average length to either longer, thinner penises or long, thick penises, a look at female anatomy gives us some clues.
Although they structure is different from a penis; most of a vagina is made of the same kind of tissue as a penis.
Specifically, the walls of the vagina are made of erectile tissue.
This is why the clitoris is so sensitive; and sees that tissue inside the vagina is as sensitive as the tissue on the outside of your penis. The more friction and sensation you can give that tissue, the more a woman will enjoy the sex.
A thicker penis provides more of that friction and sensation where it counts.
Related: do women like big balls on men?
The Case Against Length And Penile Size
Speaking of tissues inside of a woman, if you go deeply enough into the vagina you eventually run into the cervix. Unlike the erectile tissues on the vagina’s walls; the cervix generally does not like friction and sensation.
Researcher Shannon Leung of UCLA’s Biology department presented findings to that effect last year at a San Francisco meeting of the Association for Psychological Science. A long, thin penis prods the cervix painfully.
No matter what the porn you watch suggests, a long, thick penis doesn’t provide enough pleasure to the vagina to outweighs the pain from slamming the cervix.
If your penis is too long for comfort, research and surveys suggest your best option is to choose positions that limit how deeply you can penetrate your partner.
Bustle magazine, a sex-positive website for women, suggests reverse cowgirl while she lies down, missionary with her on top, and any number of positions with both of you standing up for exactly that situation.
The Minority Report Reveals The TRUTH About Girth Or Length
Other research into penis size and women’s’ preferences came up with some additional facts about your girth, length, and how much you should care about it.
• Surveys consistently found that women cared more about a large penis with taller, larger partners — suggesting that the appearance of larger size is as important as actually being larger.
• Similar results found that women who cared about size preferred men with neatly trimmed or shaved pubic hair; again likely because less hair exposes more of the penis, making it appear larger in length and girth.
• Women who report preferring a longer penis can get good results by using positions that give more penetration, like reverse cowgirl and lotus.
• Penis length was found to be more important both for heavier women and for women with overweight partners. Researchers suggest this is because the “excess baggage” sometimes interfered with full penetration, making length more important.
Conclusion About Your Penile Girth
Although it’s true size matters more than some women let on, both studies and surveys show that technique, environment and emotional connection matter a lot more when it comes to how much pleasure women get from sex with a man.
But when size does matter, a thicker penis is a better tool than a longer, thinner one.
This isn’t, hasn’t been, and never will be that website that tries selling you magic boner pills; but there are a few natural ways you can increase the width of your willy in the privacy of your own home:
• Penis massage techniques, especially at the base, which improve hormone output and blood flow
• Quit smoking and cut back on drinking
• Exercise more regularly, to improve blood flow to your penis.
You can also use positions that reduce vaginal girth and increase friction to make up for the lack of width in your penis. Some good examples of that include doggie style or missionary with her legs together, from behind in “spoons” position, and sex with the man on top and her legs on either side of her neck.
For willing partners, anal sex is also a more potentially enjoyable option with a penis of smaller girth.
But always remember that, unless you’re one of the under 5% of men who have a significantly smaller penis (medically called a micropenis), you’ll get more traction in your action by focusing on attention, patience, and technique in the sack.
It’s also worth noting that much of the advice I give on this blog for men with issues keeping an erection or coming to orgasm can be applied to men with penises thinner than they would like.